We are a team of people with shops on Etsy.com who walk similar alternative spiritual paths, focusing our beliefs in the world of Nature. Our team membership encompasses different Goddess-based traditions, as well as Taoism, Buddhism and similar paths. Our shops are as diverse as our membership. We are not limited to selling only items representing our spiritual path, but also create to make your everyday world a better and more interesting place.

Monday, October 1, 2007

Happy October from Green Fingers

Shop Announcement for October 2007


I love fall--it's my favorite season, and October is my favorite month of those that comprise autumn. Hot apple cider (spiced, with a little brandy, even better!), pumpkin carving, costumes, falling leaves, HALLOWEEN! Fall is a time of celebration of all the abundance the universe has given us. I have SO much to be thankful for, and am reminded of it most strongly in the fall, when winter is coming--and I have nothing to fear from it. When the nights are cold--and I have a warm bed and a warm fire in the wood stove. When I have plenty to eat, a safe shelter, a family that loves me, and amazing friends to share all my joys with.I think it is important to remember, when we reflect on all we have to be grateful for, that for some people fall isn't a time of celebration, but a time of worry. Worry about whether they will be able to keep warm and feed their families over the winter. It's important to remember that enjoyment of the cold days is a luxury not afforded to everyone.
So in honor of my favorite month, I'm going to do what I can to express my gratitude by giving a little back. For the month of October I will be donating 30% of the purchase price of every Etsy sale to the Oregon Food Bank. This includes custom orders as well. It's the least I can do.

2 comments:

Ellen Shipley said...

A knitted Goddess! How kewl is that?!

Ember said...

this is sooo gorgeous....